Thursday, September 20, 2012

Readers: loyal to community banks, Bank of Tampa - Tampa Bay Business Journal:

vuwodu.wordpress.com
The Bank of Tampa alone elicited 186 or 23 percent of the806 responses. Other community banks won 12 percent ofthe votes. The nonscientififc weekly online poll is designedx to provide a snapshot of what readerare thinking. Comments from readers included: We use a coupl e of banks, but the has been my main accounrsince 1989. The service and value does not compare to any otherrfinancial institution. They have always been a leader in technologty compared to other banks I have Community banks care more about their customers. has local decision making ability and experienced I used to bankat , but as a it was not accommodating and charger a number of fees.
I'ved banked with for more than five yearas withouta problem. Bank of Tampa was the only bank that woul give a young startup semiconductor compangy a lineof credit. When we later hit $20M in everyone wanted our business. The has local makes quick decisions, and support the local economyand businesses. Our businesx accounts are with Wachovia. However, personally I'm a firm believer in credit unions. I have accounts in threed of them. All Banks offer the same serviceszand fees. It is the employees that make the Do you want to feel like a numbeer or avalued customer? I have always been treate d very well at . They call me by name and are knowledgeablse abouttheir services.
You woulde think with the daily, extendedr hours and weekend hours, that BankAtlantic woul be more convenient, however they are usually short staffed and there is alwayxsa wait. Local banks seem to take care oflocalo companies. They do have issues competing asa one-stopp bank for all of our needs. My business bankinf is done with Bay Cities Bank because of their leadership team, community relationship and customer focus. I still maintaij my personal account with a credift union because of theyears I'vw had the account and the relationship that's been The biggest issue for me is employee I don't want to keep introducintg myself each time I visig the back.
I want managers and tellers to know who know whoI am. SunTrustg has local relationship managersand doesn't service me througgh an 800 number like my former bank (Banl of America). I have been banking with Bank of Americwa for several years and have found them to be verycustomer focused. I also enjoy the fact that they providde me with the ability to pay bills online and you can find an ATM machinre everywhere in the Tampa Bay At The Bank of Tampwa customer service is always iscustomer friendly, always with a smile and alwayss there to assist. I bank at the same branch, whichn helps maintain our greatcustomer relations.
Readeras loyal to certain banks floodedthe poll'se comment pages. Among the "other" bankxs mentioned were: Your take on global warming Areyou convinced?? To vote now, go to

No comments:

Post a Comment